Fried Pork fussioned with our all-time favorite Pinakbet.
- 4 k Pork belly
- 100 grms. Rock salt
- 400 grms. Mirepoix
- 3 gal. Water
- 1 gal. cooking oil
- Boil the pork belly in water with mirepoix until very tender.
- Remove the rib bones from belly and skewer over the top into the skin by using fork. Then scrub with rock salt.
- Place pork belly on wok the and pour oil to the level of pork belly. Cover wok and cook.
- After 30 minutes, pour over remaining oil in wok to the pork belly.
- Turn once slowly. Then sprinkle with ¼ cup of water to become crunchy and crispy.
- Remove from wok and prepare to serve.
PINAKBET WITH CRISPY LECHON CARAJAY
- 250 grms. lechon carajay
- 300 grms. pumpkin tourney
- 300 grms. blanched okra
- 300 grms. blanched ampalaya
- 300 grms. eggplant
- 300 grms. string beans
- 1 pc. minced red onion
- 50 grms. chopped garlic
- 2 pcs. sliced tomatoes
- ¼ cup achuete (boiled with oil)
- 100 grms. shrimp paste
- 1 tspn. baking soda
- ½ tspn. salt
- ½ tspn. crushed peppercorn
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Sauté garlic, onion, tomato in oil from achuete. Add in bagoong.
- Combine all vegetables and season with salt and crushed peppercorn.
- Arrange on plate and top with lechon carajay just before serving.