Empanadas are tasty merienda made originally from Ilocos. Chef boy Logro
made it more special by mixing it up with healthy chicken meat.
- 1 k minced chicken breast
- 200 grms. raisins
- 100 grms. chopped onions
- 4 pcs. hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 300 grms. blanched potato cubes
- 1 k empanada dough
- 2 pcs. beaten eggs
- 300 grms. flour
- 50 grms. chopped garlic
- 1 tbspn. turmeric powder
- Sauté garlic, onion, minced chicken. Add turmeric powder. Set aside until cold.
- Add hard-boiled egg, potato, raisin, and set aside.
- Flatten empanada dough into round shape with dough roller. Brush with beaten egg at edges of the dough, then fill with empanada filling in the center.
- Fold into half-moon shape. Press with fork the edges of the empanada dough to secure and seal.
- Have ready heated oven 250°F and bake for 30 minutes or until done.