Another special recipe using Maggi Magic Sarap which highlights the dish originally from
our proud Visayan cuisine.Ingredients:
- 1 kg liempo, skin-on, cut into serving pieces
- Three fourth cup vinegar
- One half cup MAGGI Savor, Classic
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp tausi (fermented salted black beans)
- One half cup raw skinless peanuts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tajure (fermented bean curd)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- Marinate liempo in vinegar and MAGGI Savor, Classic for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pan, combine marinated liempo, water, tausi, peanuts and garlic. Bring to a boil. Add bay leaves, tajure, black peppercorns, sugar and MAGGI MAGIC ARAP.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook covered for at least 45 minutes or until pork is tender.