This is the authentic one and it is similar to Jumbo Chicken Empanada.
It's perfect for merienda.
- 1 ½ cup Mochiko Rice flour
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- 1 pc Green UN-Ripe papaya (grated)
- 4pcs. Longganisa Sausage chopped (remove from its casing)
- 1pc. Garlic
- 6pcs. Eggs
- Cooking for deep frying
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and knead dough lightly.
- Take about a 2-3 tablespoon of dough and flatten with rolling pin.
- Set aside while you make your filling. Before you make your filling preheat your deep fryer by adding the cooking oil and set aside.
- In another skillet pan sauté garlic and onions in oil. Add longganisa sausage and season with salt and pepper to desired. When sausage is cooked put in a bowl and mix it a little to cool it down. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix in grated papaya.
- Spoon out 2-3 tablespoon of filling to flattened dough and crack a pieces of fresh egg. Seal the sides and deep fry in the preheated deep fryer.
- Place Empanadas in a plate topped with plenty of paper towels to blot oil. Serve in another clean platter and with sweet chili dip or garlic vinegar on the side.